Hemp seed butter really doesn’t get the credit it deserves. It’s distinctive nutty flavour and rich, creamy texture makes it the perfect spread for toast or dip for veggies/fruit. It’s taste is quite similar to pine nuts. It is also ultra rich in Omega-3 and is an absolute powerhouse of protein. High in insoluble and soluble fiber, hemp seed butter provides more than enough bulk to keep your digestive system in tip top shape. This healthy mixture of roughage also feeds the probiotics in your gut and helps secure a robust immune system.
Hemp seeds are also wonderful for your hair, skin, and nails. Additionally, because of it’s perfect fatty-acid profile of omega-3 fats and GLA, it helps naturally balance inflammation levels and strengthen the immune system.
How To Make Hemp Seed Butter
- 1 cup of hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup grapeseed or canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 4 teaspoons of agave nectar
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat and toast the hemp seeds for around 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium-low before adding the oil. Allow to cook for 10 minutes before stirring occasionally.
- Next, remove from heat and strain out excess oil. In a bowl, combine hemp seeds with the agave nectar and sea salt using an electric mixer
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
I hope you enjoyed this article on how to make hemp seed butter! Read here if you want to learn how to make pistachio butter!