Theres nothing quite as tantalising to the taste buds as rich, creamy pistachio butter. Not only does it feature the delectable flavor of raw pistachios but it is also naturally sweet. It is also packed full of immune boosting nutrients and protein, and helps with weight management, improves digestion and nourishes the skin – not bad for a creamy yummy spread! Read on to learn how to make pistachio butter so you can ditch that over processed store bought stuff. Move over peanut butter, theres a new protein packed creamy spread in town!
Pistachio butter makes for an amazing staple for any vegan kitchen. It’s delicious in ice cream, pancakes or even smothered on your morning oats! (It also tastes fantastic slathered on a ripe banana for a healthy, quick snack)
Making your own pistachio butter is super simple and quick. All you need is 3 ingredients and your trusty food processor and you’re ready to try out this awesome pistachio butter recipe.
How To Make Pistachio Butter
- 4 Cups of Roasted Pistachios
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher salt
- In a food processor, process the roasted pistachio nuts, coconut oil and salt.
- Process for about 4-8 minutes until the mixture is nice and creamy. Scrape the sides occasionally
- Store in a jar in the refrigerator and enjoy your homemade pistachio butter!
The Amazing Health Benefits of Pistachio Butter
- The antioxidants, phytosterols, unsaturated fatty acids (both polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fatty acids) are great for promoting a healthy heart.
- Pistachios help in eliminating dryness from the skin.
- Wonderful source of dietary fibre.
- Fantastic defence against diabetes.
- Pistachios have a high copper content, which helps in the higher absorption of iron into the body from food sources.
- Do you need any more reasons to make your own homemade pistachio butter!