As a frosting lover and a die hard peanut butter fan, this icing is maybe the most amazing thing ever. In fact, it is one of my favourite indulgences. I absolutely love smothering it on home baked vegan banana bread or freshly made raw cookies. Peanut butter icing is rich, creamy and unique; the perfect finishing touch to any cupcake. And the best thing is it’s super simple to make!
How To Make Peanut Butter Icing Without Milk
- 3/4 cup of peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- Firstly, bring the coconut oil to room temperature so it is nice and soft and easy to work with.
- Next, add the coconut oil and peanut butter to the bowl of your standing mixer and beat on medium speed until well combined. Remember to scrape down the sides a few times.
- Add vanilla and continue to beat until combined.
- Then add the powdered sugar and salt. Beat on medium/high speed super well combined, scraping sides to make sure it’s mixed evenly.
- Add almond milk and beat until light and fluffy.
- The icing can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator. Simply take it out and let it come to room temperature before serving.