There’s no doubt about it; waffles make for the best weekend breakfast ever. I personally prefer my waffles to be plain, that way I have a nice fluffy, waffley base to add a bunch of exciting toppings. My favourite way to eat waffles is slathered with a layer of nut butter or peanut butter icing, with blueberries, pumpkin seeds and banana on top. Yummy! This simple vegan waffle recipe serves 2-4 people.
Simple Vegan Waffle Recipe
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup almond milk
- Begin by preheating your waffle iron to your desired setting. This is the waffle iron I use
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients.
- Next simply pour the wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Make sure to not over stir!
- Pour batter onto waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
- Enjoy with whatever toppings your heart desires!
My favourite thing about this super simple vegan waffle recipe is that it is completely guilt free and full of Omega 3s from the flaxseed! These waffles are the perfect wholesome, breakfast. Golden and crispy on the outside, spongey and airy on the outside. Perfection. Play around with different toppings and create your own scrumptious waffle creation. Or keep it simple with a generous drizzle of good ole maple syrup!