Prepare your tastebuds for what could possibly be the greatest vegan cheese you have ever tasted. That’s right my fellow cheese lovers, dairy free cheese is about to reach brand new heights with this vegan mozzarella cheese recipe that melts in the most gooey, delicious way. My favourite way to indulge in this cheesy bowl of perfection is with a big bag of tortilla chips and Netflix. You can also use this magically melty mozzarella anywhere your cheese loving heart desires! Pizza, lasagna, grilled cheese, and dips!
The best part about this recipe is that it only takes 15 minutes. Only quarter of an hour to create this beautiful vegan cheese! I bet you are wondering what the secret ingredient is that makes this vegan mozzarella so melty and amazing. Tapioca! That’s the key ingredient that gives this cheese it’s stretchy consistency and texture.
Vegan Mozzarella Cheese Recipe That Melts…Really Melts!
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup water
- 3 Tablespoons + 2 teaspoons tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoon nutrional yeast
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- First off, add the raw cashews to a pot and with water. Bring the water to a boil for 10 to 15 minutes. This will soften them and make the blending process a whole lot easier.
- Next, drain and rinse the cashews before adding them along with the 1 cup of water and all the remaining ingredients to a blender. Blend until completely smooth.
- Now pour into a sauce pan over medium-high heat, and constantly stir as it cooks. After about 5 minutes it will become cheesy and gooey.
- Keep on cooking and stirring for an additional minute to make sure it has firmed up completely.
- Serve hot.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.