This vegan tiramisu coconut cream is a delicious, decadent dream! It is the ultimate comfort food with a vegan revamp. You will not be able to get enough if it, and the best part is it can be devoured and enjoyed completely guilt free. From the feathery light lady fingers to the luxurious whipped coconut and coffee cream, this dessert is pure perfection.
Vegan Tiramisu Coconut Cream Recipe
Coconut whipped cream topping ingredients:
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar to taste
- 1/4 cup soy or rice milk powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-4 tbsp strong coffee
- To create the cup of full fat coconut milk, simply buy two tins of high quality, full fat (not lite) coconut milk. Place it in the fridge or freezer for a half hour.
- Open the tin and extract the thick coconut cream at the top of the tin with a spoon. Beat the cream it in a chilled bowl with an electric mixer until it reaches a thick and fluffy consistency.
- Gradually beat in the powdered sugar and milk powder.
- Next, add the vanilla extract and blend.
- Divide the whipped coconut into two seperate bowls. Add in the coffee and to one bowl’s whipped coconut and blend. Place the two whipped toppings in the refrigerator until you are ready to assemble.
Vegan Ladyfinger Ingredients:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup non-hydrogenated vegan margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup soy, rice, coconut, or almond milk
- Firstly, sift together the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- Cream the vegan margarine and sugar in a bowl using a handheld electric mixer until its nice and fluffy. Mix in the maple syrup.
- Gradually incorporate the flour mixture until it;s thoroughly combined, alternating with additions of milk.
- Cover and let the dough chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a lightly floured surface, roll the chilled dough into 1 inch balls; then roll each ball into a 2 inch long stick. Arrange on the the baking sheets. Be sure to leave a few inches of room between each ladyfinger for them to expand. Bake for 8-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheets for a couple of minutes
- When firm enough to move, transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
Assembling The Vegan Tiramisu Coconut Cream
- Use small spring form pan and lined its bottom and sides with parchment paper to prevent sticking
- Arrange a layer of lady fingers on the bottom. Top with 1/2 the whipped coconut/coffee mixture followed by 1/2 the vanilla whipped coconut.
- Repeat this layering.
- Chill for at least an hour before serving.